Thursday 17 December 2020

Rosette Nebula Revisited

With unexpected clear skies last night, I decided to have a 'proper' go at imaging the Rosette Nebula which has the NGC 2244 star cluster at its core. Things didn't quite go to plan as I made a mistake with my intervalometer and so wasted an hour of imaging time, but I did manage to get something out of the evening. Here is the equipment and acquisition data along with the resulting image:

Equipment used:
  • SkyWatcher EvoStar 80D with Skywatcher 0.85x focal reducer
  • Canon 800D modded for Ha sensitivity
  • Optolong L-eNhance narrowband filter
  • MGEN-II standalone autoguider on 9x50mm SkyWatcher finder scope
  • SkyWatcher HEQ5 Pro mount with belt mod
Acquisition details:
  • 7 x 5 minute subs with similar dark, flat and bias calibration frames.
  • Processed in Siril followed by Adobe PhotoShop CC

As you can see, I've added my GeekTeacher Astro signature logo to this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment